Former President of Seicho-No-Ie
Rev. Seicho Taniguchi
- Born on October 23, 1919 in Hiroshima City, Hiroshima Prefecture.
- Graduated from Tokyo University Department of Literature.
- Inspired by reading Seimei no Jisso (Truth of Life) in 1942.
- Shortly thereafter he study under Seicho-No-Ie Founder, Rev. Masaharu Taniguchi.
- Married to the daughter of Rev. Masaharu Taniguchi, Mrs. Emiko Taniguchi (former President of Seicho-No-Ie White Dove Association) in 1946.
- Since then, as the Vice President of Seicho-No-Ie, he has conveyed the teachings both in Japan and also overseas.
- In November 1985, he succeeded to the Presidency of Seicho-No-Ie.
- On October 28, 2008 the curtain of his abundant life and career was drawn to a close at his age of 89.
His major publications are, Shobo Genzo o Yomu (Reading Shobo Genzo, 3 volumes), Taniguchi Seicho Shinsho Bunshu (A collection of works of Taniguchi Seicho, 10 volumes), Messages of Wisdom and Love, Nobiyuku Hibi no Kotoba (Everyday Words of Growth),Shinsokan Is Wonderful, Kanro no Hou o Yomou (Let’s Read the Holy Sutra, Nectarean Shower of Holy Doctrines), Akaruku Tanoshiku Jinsei o (Live a Life Brightly and Joyfully), Seicho-No-Ie no Shinko ni tsuite (About Faith of Seicho-No-Ie), Jinsei no Shujinko to naru tameni (To Become the Star of Your Life) published by Nippon Kyobunsha.